Alan R Cross & Son was established
in 1950 by Mr Alan Cross. Alan built up a solid business providing
an efficient reliable service to local clients in and around the
Wymondham area. Alan continued trading until his son Mr Richard
Cross joined him in the family business in the mid 1970`s .
Alan still continues to show an
active interest in the business today, whilst Richard is now the
company managing director.
The company continued to expand
throughout the 1970`s and into the 1980`s adding more staff and
building an ever larger client base. The following years saw further
expansion and more lucrative contracts. Continued expansion saw a
move to premises in Brewery Lane, Wymondham until in the late 1980`s
a move to the current location in Station Road, Wymondham.
In the year 2002 Alan R Cross &
son became a limited company. We are now a well established firm,
still maintaining a strong family ethos, running a fleet of eleven
vehicles and employing eighteen staff.
We continue to increase our staff
levels, with the majority of our staff employed as school leavers
serving a full apprentice ship with the firm.
We continue to pride ourselves on
providing a competitive efficient service, tailored to suit every
clients individual needs.